Welcome to my new blog!
While this may be a new blog, I am actually not new to blogging. Some will have known me as the Bermuda Scrapper, where I included all kinds of weird and wonderful things, sometimes crafty, sometimes as a way of sharing contest info (I love entering contests), and sometimes to simply add a quirky thought or two about something going on in my life. Sometimes I was very faithful about posting, other times not so much. And, to be honest, I would be surprised if I go through the same stop-start process again on this new blog, but I do have a desire to be a little more consistent with this new one.
What is the purpose of BermudaBookGirl?
Well, I guess with time, it will become more obvious, but I do have some things that I want to include:
- Library Science – I am currently working on my MSc in Library and Information Science, about to begin my second year at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland. I do foresee posts on what I’m studying, interesting things I read elsewhere, as well as details on my practical training.
- Books – Umm… I am the book-girl, after all! When I can (and have time!), I read avidly. Unfortunately, during the school year reading for pleasure can sometimes get put on the back-burner. 😦 That said, I’ll still try to include book reviews from time-to-time, as well as make suggestions, particularly in the realm of preteen/teen literature. I have a preteen son who is also an avid reader, but we have a hard time finding good literature that is appropriate for his age, especially as he is reading way ahead of his grade level.
- Family – I’m a wife and mother of two boys… need I say more?
- Arts & Crafts – I’ve been crafting since before I can remember (you can blame my mother and grandmother!). I love all different kinds of crafting, but my specialty would probably be scrapbooking (paper and digital)
- Other Blogs & Contests – There are a few really awesome blogs I like to read, so sometimes I may want to share what they have to say. Plus, I love entering contests and, amazingly, I’ve even won several (I don’t do raffles, though). Sometimes, contests will ask for you to post it to your own blog (for extra entries), but, really, it means that you’ll get to learn about them to enter, too!
- Faith – I am a Christian, and I won’t hide it. I believe the Bible is the inerrant, inspired Word of God, that man is sinful and in need of a Saviour and that God sent His Son, Jesus, to pay the penalty of my sin by dying on the cross, then resurrecting on the third day to defeat death and sin once and for all. Jesus then ascended into heaven and by accepting His free gift, I can become a Child of God, and that someday I will join Him in heaven. I believe you can become a Child of God, too! So, inevitably, once in a while, I’ll want to share about the things of the Lord, and what I’m learning or reflecting on about what it means to be a Christian.
- Random musings – It can happen. Random thoughts come to each of us from time to time (some of us more than others). Sometimes I’ll even want to share with them others; to put my thoughts into words and reflect on them.
So, I hope you’ll enjoy my posts, join in the conversation, and share with your friends!