I am so excited!
This fall, I’ll be taking on my very first librarian post as the school librarian at a school that has become near and dear to my heart – Sandys Secondary Middle School! I see so much potential and I have so many ideas to help develop and build literacy initiatives that will give our students the skills they need to become life-long learners. I really want to create a space that students are comfortable and encourages learning, as well as help bridge the gap between the classroom and parents.
There is still so much to do. I’ve already put in some time weeding through books that have been in storage since the library was shut down. It was painful, but I had to throw away more than 80 books because of mold.
Also, we are continuing to wait for the interior work to be started…
I am also continuing to read like a mad woman! There are now only 20 days left in the “50 in 5” reading challenge! Can I do it???
I have finished reading 42 books so far, so 7-1/2 books to go! (I’m more than half-way through #43!)
The last time I gave a list was up to book #30, so here are the latest additions:
- 101 Ways to Be A Great Mom, by Vicki Kuyper
- Rachel Saint, by Janet & Geoff Benge
- The Reader, by Bernhard Schlink
- The Red Tent, by Anita Diamant
- The Lost Boy, by David Pelzer
- Anna and the King of Siam, by Margaret Landon
- A Man Named Dave, by David Pelzer
- Cleopatra: A Life, by Stacy Schiff
- She Did What She Could, by Elisa Morgan
- Hatchet, by Gary Paulsen
- The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green
- China Dolls, by Lisa See
- And I’m currently reading The Seville Communion by Arturuo Pérez-Reverte…
To date, I’ve raised $273, but I’d really love to at least get to $500 before the end ($10 per book). Even better would be $1,000 ($20 per book)! Can you help? Would you be willing to donate? All the money will be going towards developing the new library and multi-media centre at Sandys! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!